Second World War Defining Moments, 1939–1945
Investigation 1: The causes and course of the Second World War
1.2 Causes and course: Key questions
By the end of your investigations about the causes and the course of the Second World War you should be able to answer these questions:
- Which nations were involved in the Second World War?
- Why did these nations go to war in 1939 (Germany, Britain and France), and in 1941 (Russia, Japan and America)?
- How did the war fronts change over time?
- Where did the majority of the fighting occur?
- Why did Australia become involved?
- Where did the majority of Australian forces fight?
- What events contributed to the end of the Second World War?